In this article:
- What are M-12 Connectors ?
- What are the benefits of M-12 Connectors ?
- What applications are suitable for M-12 connectors ?
What are M-12 Connectors ?
The M12 connector is a circular connector with a 12-mm locking thread used primarily in factory automation applications for actuators, sensors, industrial ethernet, and Fieldbus.
M12 connectors are for washdown and corrosive environments. They are available with 3, 4, 5, 8 and 12 pins. Users must select the correct pin count for specific applications.
Sensors and power applications require 3 and 4 pins; PROFINET and ethernet require 4 and 8 pin counts; Fieldbus, CAN bus, and DeviceNet typically use 4 and 5 pin counts; and 12 pins are for signal requirements.
M12 connectors are found in many applications, including agriculture, alternative energy, communications, factory automation, measurement and control, robotics, and transportation.
What are the benefits of M-12 Connectors ?
- Reduce downtime in harsh environments with a reliable industry standard solution that includes quick turn, prototype cable assemblies
- Decrease installation and tooling costs with error-free field-installable connectors
- Can extend the life of your equipment with M12 connectors that are reliable in a wide variety of applications and harsh environments
- Supports higher bandwidth needs – meeting the requirements of up to 10 Gb/s
What applications are suitable for M-12 connectors ?
- Industrial automation
- Automobile manufacturing
- Machine tools
- Factory automation machines
- Vision systems
- Food and beverage industry