2-Port Isolated RS-485 PCI Express Mini Card with Wide Operating Temperature
The mPCIe-ICM485-2 by ACCESI/O is a PCI Express mini card with 2 x RS-485 isolated serial ports. Each port is capable of communication speeds as high as 3Mbps and has 128-byte deep transmit and receive FIFOs. Large FIFOs protect against data loss in multitasking operating systems, reduce CPU utilization, and improve data throughput, while reducing or eliminating inter-character or inter-packet pauses. The advanced integrated circuit with pre-scalar supports a wide variety of custom baud rates, and any rates not otherwise achievable can be supported via a custom factory-installed crystal oscillator (up to 12Mbps!).
Tru-Iso™ port-to-port and port-to-PC isolation provides a robust solution to common signal level and grounding issues when using long cables to connect computers and other powered devices – up to 500V of difference between pins and adjacent ports and 1500V between each port and the host computer.
Communication is possible either with custom application software, with off-the-shelf applications (such as HyperTerminal), or with provided samples and utilities, including WinRISC™ (“Windows Really Incredibly Simple Communication).
- mPCIe-ICM485-2 2-port isolated RS-485 PCI Express Mini Card with industrial operating temperature
Please ask about how we can configure your solution
We ship and support products via offices globally
Industry leading warranties on all solutions as standard
Experienced engineers are on hand to support your project
Can't Find What You Want?
- I/O: Hirose DF57-5P-1.2V 5-pin, latching
- Mating: Hirose DF57H-5S-1.2C
- Serial Ports: 2 x RS-485
- UART: Quad 16C950 with 128-byte FIFO for each transmit & receive buffer
- Baud Rates: Up to 3M baud (advanced-prescaler allows a wide variety of unusual baud rates to be achieved. Up to 12Mbps via custom crystal option.)
- Character length: 5, 6, 7, 8 bits (contact factory for assistance with 9-bit data)
- Parity: Even, Odd, None, Mark, Space
- Stop Interval: 1, 1½, 2 bits
- Flow Control: Xon/Xoff, None
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -65°C to 150°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Power required: +3.3VDC @ 1.6W (typical)
- ESD Protection: ±15kV on all signal pins (IEC 61000)
Warranty & Service Information for ACCES I/O Products (EMEA)
All ACCES I/O products distributed in the EMEA come with a 2 year warranty as standard, with additional extension options available upon request. As an official ACCES I/O partner, we are proud to provide customers with peace of mind and the highest quality products, including any systems which have been configured to meet individual specifications.
You may also like...